Barbara Maio, de l’université de Rome 3, lance, pour le compte de la revue OL3Media, un appel à communication intitulé : « Cinema and Comics ». Celui-ci doit déboucher sur la réalisation de courts essais (2000-3000 signes) portant sur des thèmes on ne peut plus divers dont nous publions ci-dessous une liste dans laquelle il s’agira de piocher (ou de compléter) avant le 15 mars prochain (contactés, les organisateurs sont prêts à accorder un court délai).
Ol3Media: Cinema and Comics
The 2011 is going to be a year in the sign of comics adaptations with the coming of Thor and Captain America, the origin of X-Men, the 3D technology. Those two forms of popular entertainment usually share a similar path but just in the last few years we have seen an invasion of comics adapted for the big screen, also with secondary characters.
Next issue of Ol3Media is looking for short essays about it. Some suggestions:
- the aesthetic of the mise-en-scene of comics;
- authorship adaptations (Tim Burton, Sam Raimi, Christopher Nolan etc.);
- vertical (saga) and horizontal (spin-off) serialization;
- aesthetics of DC Comics vs. Marvel;
- digital elaboration of images (Sin City, V per Vendetta, 300 etc.);
- non-US productions (Asterix, Akira, Adèle etc.)
- Italian cases (Paz!, Dylan Dog etc.)
- non mainstream adaptations (Ghost World, Scott Pilgrim, Constantine etc.)
- less famous comics (Kick Ass, Tamara Drew, The Green Hornet, Green Lantern etc.)
- adaptation between mainstream and cult;
- 3D technology in recent adaptations;
- tv adaptations (Walking Dead, Batman etc.).
but we are going to accept also proposal from different points of view.
Chosen essays will be published in the next number of Ol3Media on line by the middle of June 2011. Proposals with a short bio (5/6 lines) should arrive by March 15 while accepted essays should be finished by May 15 for the final editing. Essays could be in Italian or English and will be published in the original language. Final essays should be between 2.000 and 3.000 words.
For information and submission
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ol3Media is the online journal of Cinema, Television and Media Studies of the Cine&Tv Master’s, University Roma Tre: http://host.uniroma3.it/riviste/Ol3Media/